Fully customised casted functional orthotics are available for those that present with severe foot-types i.e. if your feet over pronate (roll in) or supinate (roll out).
Generally we prefer to still be guided by trialling a semi-customised orthotic which can be altered by adding various wedges and padding. This way we can be confident your orthotics will be correct for many years and totally comfortable.
Foot Focus is passionate about improving orthotic outcomes & patient satisfaction and this is why we use semi-customised orthotics most of the time prior to going casted orthotics.
The advantage of using semi-customised orthoses prior to going fully customised orthotics are the following:
- essential for tricky feet – prescription aid
- better outcome / satisfaction for YOU-
- you know what the end orthotic will feel like – they will be comfortable all day when wearing them and will last for years
- you can fit them in all the shoes you want to wear – no surprises
- shoe wear patterns improve
- better results for the PODIATRIST-
- muscles are less tight and sore
- joints are gliding better and holding good position
Ankle and Foot Orthotics
In some cases a ankle/foot orthotic is required.